The European Muay Confederation presents the 4th European Muay Championship 2015, hosted and organized in Larnaca, Cyprus. The event will represent the stress test for each and every team, athlete and federation of their work, training and techniques against teams from all over Europe. The event it is also meant to evaluate athletes, referees and coaches. The aim of the Organizers is to create a standardize environment where all teams could evaluate their level and proficiency in preparation for the World Muay Championship 2016.
The event will create a platform where different cultures from Europe could meet and experience the best that Muay Sport, Thai Culture and Arts, Thai Cuisine has to offer. Also the event offers a unique opportunity for members from all Europe to enjoy, experience and interact with the beautiful traditions and culture of the host country and among themselves respectively.
Purpose and Goal
– To build long lasting relations with other nations from Europe.
– The event will introduce, expand and increase the Sport of Muay and the Art of Muay Boran exposure to the general public, starting with the host country Cyprus and to all the other European Countries.
– Moreover it offers and creates a sports competitive environment for all athletes/boxers for future development.
– Promotes activities for youth and the young to say no to drugs and other detrimental environments.
– It improves the tourism and awareness of the host country Cyprus.
Date and Venue of the Event
The European Muay Championship will be held between the dates of:
21st November to 30th November 2015.
Location: Sports Hall High school Aradippou – Larnaca – Cyrpus.
European Muay Championship
Rules and regulation:
The Rules and regulation of the competition are in accordance with the statues of the European Muay Confederation and it’s Rule Book for Amateur and ProAm Events:
– As per the regulation mention in the statues each National Federation/National Representative will bring one athlete for each weight category only.
– Each National Delegation must bring ONE REFEREE/JUDGE with them for every 1 – 4 athletes.
– All athletes will have to present International Medical Insurance.
– The head of delegation for each National Team will be responsible for their team members and also to have all documents in order as required.
Awards and Prizes
The Amateur category will award the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place with: medal, certificates and trophy.
The PRO-AM category will award the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place with: title belts for the 1st place, medals and certificate for 2nd and 3rd..
Awards could also be given for other reasons (eg. “The best Muay technic”, etc.).